Jul 1, 2011

An afternoon at the gallery.

Fantastic_Four_v02_i13_p15_Wieringo-Case

Fantastic_Four_v02_i13_p15_Wieringo-Case

Great page from the amazing crossover between WildStorm and Marvel that appeared between Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return. World War III had mixed teams of characters in this instance a hybrid Fantastic Four with WildC.A.T.s Spartan and Gen¹³’s Burnout as members.

You know I cannot tell you how much of a fan I was of the late Mike Wieringo’s work. Here was another artist whose work I sought out and art which would compel me to buy a book on the basis of looking at that art alone.

Mike Wieringo was taken far too soon, he was only in his forties when he passed away and the truth of it was he was a guy who ate right and exercised but he still died an early death. And that’s a shame really because he was a wonderfully talented artist and if you read any of his blogs you would come to find he was also a really nice guy.

He leaves behind a very respectable body of work but that doesn’t soften the blow of not being able to see any new work because of his tragic death. I’m just happy I was able to snag this piece which has him drawing characters which he left his mark on, The Fantastic Four.

Check out my Comic Art Fans Galleries! © All scans copyright PJ Mungiole 2011 - may not be reproduced, reused, reposted without permission.

No comments: